Saks Fifth Avenue’s off-price concept Saks OFF 5TH has announced two more Canadian stores — both located in suburban Toronto, and both scheduled to open in the spring of 2017. This brings the number of confirmed Canadian OFF 5TH locations to 16, with nine already operational.
One of the two newly announced OFF 5TH stores will open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton, and will measure about 28,000 square feet. The mall, owned and operated by Morguard, is one of Canada’s largest and busiest centres.
The second Saks OFF 5TH location will open next spring at Pickering Town Centre in Pickering, east of Toronto. The popular shopping centre is owned by OPB Realty and is managed by 20 VIC Management. Both Bramalea City Centre and Pickering Town Centre are traditional enclosed malls anchored by retailers including Hudson’s Bay and Sears.
Saks OFF 5TH opened its first Canadian stores in March of this year, and now operates the following nine locations:
- Vaughan, ON (Vaughan Mills)
- Niagara-on-the-Lake (Outlet Collection at Niagara)
- Ottawa (CF Rideau Centre/Hudson’s Bay Building)
- Ottawa (Tanger Outlets Ottawa)
- Toronto (Toronto Premium Outlets)
- Toronto (1950 The Queensway)
- Edmonton (South Edmonton Common)
- Calgary (CrossIron Mills)
- Vancouver/South Delta, BC (Tsawwassen Mills)
In addition to the Brampton and Pickering locations discussed above, Saks OFF 5TH has also announced the following future Canadian stores:
- Edmonton: Skyview Power Centre (Spring 2017)
- Quebec City: Place Ste-Foy (Spring 2017)
- Winnipeg: Outlet Collection Winnipeg (Spring 2017)
- Montreal: Eaton Centre (Fall 2018)
- Montreal: Premium Outlets Montreal, date to be determined.
Competitor Nordstrom Rack, operating under the Seattle-based Nordstrom umbrella, will compete fiercely with OFF 5TH when the former opens its first Canadian locations in early 2018. So far, Nordstrom Rack has confirmed five Canadian stores, including locations in Toronto at 1 Bloor Street East, Vaughan Mills, at Calgary’s Deerfoot Meadows, at Edmonton’s South Edmonton Common, and at OttawaTrain Yards in Ottawa. Nordstrom has said that it plans to open about 15 Nordstrom Rack locations in Canada, and potentially more if opportunities become available.