|Image: Ivanhoe Cambridge|
Construction starts this summer and is expected to be finished by Spring 2016.
According to landlord, Ivanhoe Cambridge, these are the 'project details':
- Over 60 new retail concepts, including two additional large format retailers
- New 1,000-seat, sophisticated food court
- New main entrances on the east side
- New and updated entrances on the west side
- Upgraded seating area elements, including floor and ceiling treatment
- Fully renovated washrooms with modern upgraded finishes
The mall was build in 1956 and currently has 230 stores under about 1.1million square feet. It has the largest 'Boathouse' store in Canada.
Oshawa Centre includes the following anchor stores: A 122,624 square foot Hudson's Bay store, a 123,281 sq ft Sears store and anchors including Staples, Chapters, Old Navy, H&M and Sport Check. An 89,000 Target store will open in a former Zellers location, opening date to be announced.
|Renovation rendering. Image: Ivanhoe Cambridge|
[Source: Retail Insider Gregory Huzar, who provided this press release (in .pdf)]
Oshawa Centre website: http://www.oshawacentre.com
Retail Insider on twitter: @retailinsider_