1) Roots Outfitters - mens, womens, children and toddlers clothing, to be carried March-to-June, 2013,
2) Kate Young - a women's collection available April 14-May 31, 2013, from the NYC stylist,
3) Up and Up - a wide range of products with 'minimalist' packaging, somewhat comparable to the Loblaw's label 'President's Choice',
4) Shaun White - fashions from snowboarder Shaun White,
5) Nate Berkus Collection - bedding and bathroom accessories,
6) Sonia Kashunk - cosmetics,
7) Giada de Laurentiis - cookwear from the Food Network celebrity,
8) Archer Farms - a 'premiere' grocery line like Loblaw's 'Black Label' line and
9) Market Pantry - a lower-cost grocery label not unlike the Sobey's/IGA label 'Compliments' or Loblaws brand 'No Name'.
Readers can click the links above to see some of the labels and merchandise on Target's American website (except for Roots Outfitters and Kate Young, both temporary labels not yet on Target's website).
This roster of labels will be exclusive to Target in Canada. Label exclusives, when executed correctly, can build store loyalty if popular. We have been told that Target plans to "come out punching" with its Canadian arrival, according to a social source at Target corporate head office.
Update: After we published this article, Target confirmed the following designers will also be carried (via this source):
-C9 by Champion (active wear)
-Cherokee (children's clothing)
-Circo (children's clothing)
-Liz Lange for Target Maternity
-Merona (men's/women's clothing)
-Mossimo Supply Co. (young men's and women's clothing
-Mossimo Black (women's clothing) and
-Pixi (beauty label)
-Threshold (home furnishings)
Target Canada website: www.target.ca
Retail Insider on twitter: @retailinsider_
Retail Insider on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RetailInsider