There isn’t a gambler out there that haven’t played one of the most popular gambling games in the world, roulette. It’s truly a game that can’t be overlooked when you’re in a casino and every single one has at least a few tables of roulette in their space because it’s drawing gamblers all over the world trying to beat the odds and get out with a substantial win. Through the years there’s been a lot of strategies surfacing that claim that using them will ensure you come out ahead and we’ll share a few with you today but first we have to take a look at the game itself and everything that you can do before we are able to explain the strategies right.
The Basics Of Roulette
Roulette is played on a table where a spinning wheel with numbers is attached. The dealer spins the wheel and afterward spins the ball on the edge of the wheel in the opposite direction. After a while, the ball loses speed and lands on a number on the wheel and if you bet on the right number, you win. Usually, the bets are placed before the dealer spins the ball and getting the right number results in a huge payout. From a real online casino standpoint, there’s usually no dealer that spins the wheel and the ball but the end result is the same. You can always pick to play in a live online casino where you can see the dealer and get the real casino feel but that’s up to you.
Types Of Roulette
There are different variations of the game and they all come with different odds for the house and the players but since we’re the players, we’d like higher odds in our favor. The most popular roulette games are the American and the European roulette and the one that has better odds for the player is the European one because it has fewer numbers, 37 total, compared to the American version that has 38 in total. The extra number reduces the chances of betting on the right number but it also increases the payout if you manage to win. Both versions are available in casinos such as the Nederlandscasinos and you can easily swap from one to another and see which one you enjoy more.
Types Of Bets You Can Place
The types of bets are split into two categories, inside and outside bets. There are 7 different types of inside bets and they are:
- Straight wager – when you’re placing a bet on a single number
- Split wager – when you’re placing a bet on two numbers next to each other by putting your chips on the shared line.
- Street wager – when you’re placing a bet on three numbers that are on the same line.
- Six Line wager – similar to the previous one but now you’re betting on two lines.
- Corner wager – covers four numbers that share the same corner.
- Trio wager – covers three numbers, including the number 0.
- Basket wager – covers the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3.
The outside bets pay out less but are easier to win because the chances are much higher for the player. You can choose from:
- Black or Red – betting on the color of the next spin will double your investment if you guess right but remember that it can also hit 0, which is green and it counts as a loss.
- Even or Odd – betting on the next number being odd or even is another outside bet you can place and it has the same chance and payout of winning as the Black or Red bet.
- Low and High – low covers the numbers between 1-18 and high covers the numbers between 19-36 and the payout is doubled if you guess right.
- Dozens wager – covers one-third of the board and you can bet one 1-12, 12-24 and 24-36. The payout is higher than the previous wagers, but the chances are also lower.
- Columns wager – covers an entire column of numbers and if the ball ends up in one of these, you win a prize. The payout is the same as the Dozens wager.
Roulette Strategies for Earning Money
While there still hasn’t been a strategy designed that will beat the roulette game and guarantee that you’ll win every hand, there are ways you can bet smart and be able to come out on top if you’re in for the long haul. But wikihow.com gives us information about practice Roulette Strategies.
The Paroli Strategy – this strategy is based on hitting a winning streak. The idea is to bet small at first and once you win once, increase the bet for the next spin and do so till you hit a loss, then return to the smallest bet again.
D’Alembert Strategy – this strategy is based on raising your bet each time you lose by a certain amount that will depend on the maximum funds you have to spare. It should be 0.50% of your total cash. This is a low risk strategy that also bears low rewards but it’s the safest one out there.