Innovative Ottawa-based global e-commerce company Shopify is growing significantly. Job applications are now open for the position of Support Advisor in both Western and Eastern Canada, with many positions available. The employment positions provide a work-from-home environment which is already popular with many. [Apply at this link for Western Canada] [Apply at this link for Eastern Canada]
Shopify is considered to be an excellent employer, and the company is expanding rapidly due to an e-commerce boom which is expected to continue into the future. Shopify is a platform with all of the e-commerce and point-of-sale features that a retailer needs to start, run, and grow its business.
Applications are being accepted from residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and the North West Territories for the Western Canadian positions. Applications are also being accepted for residents in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador for the Eastern Canada positions.
The start date for this positions is January 2021. Shopify’s team will review applications on a first-come basis and will provide applicants with updates on applications regardless of outcome, in the order that they are received.
The Support Advisor role, also known as a Customer Support Representative, is a rewarding and challenging position where one can make an impact while meeting Shopify’s merchants who have an array of different needs that might include: marketing, fulfillment, shipping, design, etc.
The work-from-home position allows one to be comfortable while working with a diverse, dynamic and supportive team. Shopify believes in high-quality human-centred customer experiences. While working, Shopify Support Advisors are there to listen, teach, problem solve and explore growth opportunities with Shopify merchants while showcasing new features as they are rolled-out on the Shopify platform. Online chats, phone calls and emails are the primary communication tools for this role.
Shopify encourages applicants seeking a challenge in a high-pressure environment to apply for the position of Support Advisor. New hires receive five weeks of training and mentoring where they’ll begin responding to Shopify’s merchants on live channels as part of a small team.
The full-time position includes a combination of weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities: Support Advisor (Remote, Canada)
- Adhering to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets, with same-day ticket review.
- Acting as a business coach and thinking about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Completing essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocating for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Owning your own development through reflection, reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your Team Lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
Requirements for the role:
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying 8-hour shifts starting anytime between 7:00 am – 11:00 am in your local timezone. This means some days your shifts could be as early as 7am-3pm, and as late as 11am-7pm. This includes working weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Live and have legal authorization to work in Canada.
- Extensive experience providing exceptional customer service in a contact centre, retail or service environment.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up – such as a quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and work accurately in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with technology paired with excellent typing skills.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about people support and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity, and you get excited about learning new things.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
Shopify, is committed to building and fostering an environment where its employees feel included, valued, and heard. Shopify embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. You may also read over Shopify’s 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about the company’s commitments.
If you’re looking to work for one of Canada’s most dynamic companies, visit this unique link to apply for the position of Support Advisor with Shopify if you live in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon or the North West Territories [Apply Here].
For those in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador [Apply Here]
Be sure to let the Shopify hiring team know you came from Retail Insider.
*Partner content. To work with Retail Insider, contact Craig Patterson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.