|Rendering of Simons/Rideau Centre, including a restored facade of the former Ogilvy department store. Rendering: Rideau Centre/Cadillac Fairview|
The opening date of La Maison Simons' store in Ottawa's Rideau Centre has been delayed. It is now scheduled to open in August 2016, where it had originally been scheduled to open in the spring of 2015. It will therefore be the second Simons store to open in the Ottawa area, about one year after the recently announced Simons at Les Promenades Gatineau which will open in the spring of 2015.
|Rendering of the interior of Rideau Centre. Rendering: Rideau Centre/Cadillac Fairview|
We were alerted to the delay in the Rideau Centre Simons' opening after a press release was issued claiming that Mississauga's Square One Shopping Centre would be the first Ontario location for Simons. That press release appears to have been correct.
- La Maison Simons Opening at Ottawa's Rideau Centre || Spring 2015
- La Maison Simons to Open 2nd Ottawa-Area Store
- New Ottawa Rideau Centre Details, Including Simons and Nordstrom
- La Maison Simons Confirms Canada-wide Store Search
- La Maison Simons' Canadian Expansion: Interview with Peter Simons
[La Maison Simons website]